Bees for Batwa: “Promotion of Beekeeping for Enhanced Livelihoods among Batwa and Other Marginalized and Vulnerable Groups around Bwindi Mgahinga Conservation Area”
This is a two year project November 2020- December 2022. The project is supported by Danish beekeeper association- DBK through TUNADO and will be implemented in partnership with bees for development and Bwindi Mgahinga Conservation Trust (BMCT).
The project targets the Batwa a minority group in kisoro, and will focus on the three major out puts which are;
Output one: Increased knowledge and capacity of beekeeping with honey bees and stingless bees as a business among marginalised and landless Batwa communities.
Output two: Creating a new Batwa identity in the local community. Sharing scheme established, Batwa take on roles as beekeeper trainers with their landowner partners.
Output three: Market links established and business opportunities developed for Batwa and Landowners
Bees and Macademia: “Integrating Macademia Nuts in Apiary Sites in the Greater Virunga Lanscape”
This is a one year project 2021 funded by world wide fund for nature- WWF. The projects’ overall objective is to bolster foraging area for bees for a healthy ecosystem in the greater Virunga landscape (GVL).
Specifically, the intervention will:
- Support 300 beekeeping households in the Rwenzori region with macadamia nuts
- Support 300 beekeeping households with agronomic practices for macadamia nuts
- Link the supported households to buyers of the nuts and honey
Trees x Bees (TxB) “Creating and improving self-employment in the apicultural sector in Uganda”
This is a three year project 2021-2023 to be implemented by a consortium of four partners;
Woord en Daad, TUNADO, world of bees and Trias. The project is open to all the four regions of Uganda.
The project focuses on four major result areas;
- Result area one:- Quality and quantity production
- Result area two:- Sustainable inclusive service provision
- Result area three:- Improved farm-farm/firm linkages
- Result area four:- An improved sustainable women/youth inclusive competitive apiculture sector