Member Capacity Building
Sustainable growth and development of membership is the core mandate of TUNADO. It is because of members that we exist hence, members ought to stand with us because the delivery of TUNADO’s mandate demands that we consolidate our membership and build their capacity along the honey value chain to make them competitive in the market.
To provide general and tailor made researched information and member welfare support services; to inform their interventions and enhance their capacities.
In this regard, TUNADO :
1. Periodically profiles data and map out members and stakeholders in the apiculture sector in quest to become a key reference point for information on apiculture sector: what they do, production levels, where they operate, their best practices, innovations and what impact they are creating. Where such information is not available at the TUNADO, it shall provide further direction.
2. Provides quality information to the members and other stakeholders on issues of their interest (Collect and disseminate information).
3. Facilitates active networks for specific interest group members on the profiled apiculture issues.
4. Mobilises and recruit members to participate in TUNADO initiatives.
5. Facilitates member exchange and exposure programmes at local, regional and international levels all aiming at promoting best practices and the apiculture sector as whole.
6. Organizes membership development activities, marketing (market development and market linkages) and promotion events with purpose of promoting api-products and creating public awareness on apiculture and associated products. Such events will include but not limited to honey week activities, exhibitions, trade fairs and awards.
7. Builds members’ capacity on governance and management through provision of technical support in business and strategic planning, registration, development of Articles and Memorandum of Association and operating manuals. Coaching and mentoring mangers and leaders on governance, linking Civil Society to Uganda NGO-Forum for Quality Assurance Mechanism while companies will be linked to PSFU and Uganda Small Scale Producers Association to benefit on wider private sector services.