Building the capacity of beekeepers associations (groups) in Uganda and building mutually beneficial relationships between apiculture stake holders in Uganda.
More farmers are getting interested in beekeeping as a business and they are continously looking for information about this BeeKeeping. Providing Such Information to the people is one of our core services. TUNADO also facilitates her members to establish guidelines to business development.
TUNADO members (Beekeepers, processors and packers) benefit over and above the rest of the apiculture sector player in the following aspects;
1. Automatically own TUNADO and influence decision making in the AGM,
2. You secure rights to vote or be voted on TUNADO Board
3. Receive trainings and capacity building of you and your members along the honey value chain including (packaging and branding, quality management and standardization, apiary management governance, financial literacy and other business related skills at subsidized rates
4. Have the opportunity to be part of a network of like-minded people which will enable you to share experiences and learn from others
5. Benefit in demand driven services like securing certification, import and export permits etc.
6. Receive market information and linkages at local, regional and international markets but also free display of products in TUNADO show room
7. Enjoying a 50% discount rate on fee based activities of TUNADO e.g. exhibitions, trainings, seminars and subsidized advertising in the Api- News Magazine
8. Access to information at TUNADO such as the resource centre, free subscription to Quarterly Api - News Magazine and periodical briefing notes on national sector development.
9. TUNADO is a member of the Private Sector Foundation, Apimondia, UNFFE and Apitrade Africa and TUNADO members therefore enjoy a range of membership benefits from these bodies e.g. being invited to different events, eligible for types of support
10. Get recommendations for necessary support and be linked to important apiculture stakeholders
11. Have a chance to lobby government through ‘platform for action’ policy documents concerning issues affecting the apiculture industry in Uganda
12. Be visited by TUNADO team at least once a year. Aimed at strengthening links and identifying organizational issues that may require advice from TUNADO
13. Receive entrepreneurship skills and Business counseling services from the membership desk
14. Have access to TUNADO membership information directory, only available to TUNADO members for networking and suppliers and buyers seeking sources and customers.
15. Receive membership registration certificate and free publicity in the Api-news magazine.