Fund Manager – Kampala
About World of Bees (U) Ltd
World of Bees (U) Limited (a social enterprise) is fully owned by TUNADO (the not-for-profit organization) on behalf of its members. It is a one stop center located in Kampala selling bee products, beekeeping and honey processing equipment sourced directly from beekeepers and other certified service providers and offering beekeeping and related consultancy services either directly or through entrepreneurs who are TUNADO members on one hand. Apiculture Business Fund (ABF) is a business facility that is being created to enable beekeepers and actors along the apiculture value chains access credit. We are therefore looking for a dynamic technical person to join our team of professionals as Fund Manager. Details are highlighted as follows:
General Position Summary
A Fund Manager is responsible for implementing a Fund strategic plan, ensuring that structures are
and systems are functional; that the fund is meeting legal requirements, managing staff, MIS and
the lending cycle.
What you would be expected to do:
- Review and develop strategic plan, with timelines and deliverables
- Review and design the Fund organizational structure and present it to the Board for
- Recommend and advise the board in development of custom-built policies and procedures
manual for the fund
- Strengthen and operationalize systems for managing the lending and financial
- Regular reports to the Board
- Help in designing and implementing an effective and efficient credit cycle management
- Fulfillment of the legal requirements, comply with industry regulations and organisational
policies to avoid acts that create liability
8. Scaling up the usage of an operational FinTech solution to accelerate financial inclusion.
- At least a first degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance or a related business discipline plus
a Sound experience of at least 5 years in Credit analysis and loan portfolio management
with financial services organisation(s), a relevant post-graduate qualification is an added
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Good financial analysis.
- Good understanding of social enterprise principles and the local financial market
- High degree of fluency in financial services especially with a strong bias in financial inclusion,
digital technology, or mobile money
How to Apply
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send/hand deliver their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com Or TUNADO plot 9, Canon Road-Ntinda P.o. Box 8680, Kampala Or Kingdom Kampala room G22, or Akamwesi Mall WW14 Deadline: 23rd February 2022 World of Bees will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions digital technology, or mobile money.